H. Upmann Magnum 50


Mine love affair with H. Upmann Magnum 50 started after I tried a few when Habanos released this double robusto late 2008. I cracked open this box to celebrate a good friend's birthday. The box has been resting in the humidor for close to a year.

We enjoyed this cigar with 23 years old aged Ron Zacapa rum. Both of us nodded in agreement the combination was almost perfect. The smoothness of the rum enhanced the sweet and creamy profile of the Magnum 50.


At 50 ring gauge and 160 mm in length, the cigar evolved from creamy to dark sweet cocoa profile. I would consider the Magnum 50 a full bodied cigar and certainly like to have a substantial meal before lighting one up.

2 comments:

Thejimdandy said...

Hmm... Good memories :)
Btw, I've found Sono. Will try lunch there tomorrow and ponder on the Siglo VI ;)

Agent Corn said...

Awesome. I'm sure you'll enjoy Sono : )